Marx's undeveloped ideas about how society presents a misleading appearance which distorts its members' understanding of it have been the subject of many conflicting interpretations. In this book John Torrance takes a fresh, un-Marxist approach to Marx's texts and shows that a more precise, coherent and cogent sociology of ideas can be extracted from them than is generally allowed. The implications of this for twentieth-century capitalism and for recent debates about Marx's conceptions of justice, morality and the history of social science are explored. The author argues that Marx's theory of ideas is sufficiently independent of other parts of his thought to provide a critique and explanation of those defects in his own understanding of capitalism which allowed Marxism itself to become, by his own definition, an ideology.
- Work from Home Ideas. 463 Ways to Make Money from Home. Moneymaking Ideas & Home Based Business Ideas. Online and Offline Ideas for All Ages.
- On Ideas : Aristotle's Criticism of Plato's Theory of Forms
- Algebraic and Geometric Ideas in the Theory of Discrete Optimization
- Marx, Ontologia del ser social/ Marx, Ontology Of The Social Being
- The History of Combinatorial Group Theory : A Case Study in the History of Ideas
- El Libro de Las Grandes Ideas : 50 Maneras de Generar Ideas de Forma Eficaz
- How to License Your Million Dollar Idea : Cash In On Your Inventions, New Product Ideas, Software, Web Business Ideas, And More
- Grandes ideas de la ciencia / Great Ideas of Science
- 250+ Fundraising Ideas for Your Charity, Society, School and PTA : Practical and Simple Money Making Ideas for Anyone Raising Funds for Charities, Hospices, Societies, Clubs and Schools
- Marx for Today